Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 21:29:41 +0800 (WST)
From:      Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
To:        andrew@ugh.net.au
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stallion Card...can't open devices

On Sun, 10 May 1998 andrew@ugh.net.au wrote:

> I am trying to get a stallion multiport serial card to work under 2.2.5.

We've successfully done it, so I'll try to help...

> At boot it is detected:
>
> stli0 at 0x2a0 maddr 0xcc000 msize 4096 flags 0x17 on isa
> stli0: EC8/64-AT (driver version 2.0.0), unit=0 nrpanels=1 nrports=16

According to the docs on the driver, I understood you had to load it in
the kernel as stl0. Where did the stli0 come from?

> and stlload goes without a hitch.

Good.

> but when I try to connect to a port...
>
> cu --speed 9600 --line /dev/cuie0
>
> cu: open (/dev/cuie0): Permission denied
> cu: /dev/cuie0: Line in use

I'm not sure you're device names are right. I thought it was:

/dev/cuex for DIALIN

/dev/ttyEx for DIALOUT

Yes, the devices are around the wrong way dialin/dialout in the stl
driver.

> Anyone have any ideas?

Has this helped?

Regards,