Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:35:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jon Noack" <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        Ville =?iso-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: weird output from 3.0.3

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 04:37, Michael Johnson wrote:
>> Colored diff do weird things in 3.0.3
>
> Could you be more specific about what's "weird", please?
>
>> Here is an example
>> The following is 3.0.3
>> http://chief.ahze.net:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb-3.0.3.cgi/ports/multimedia/vlc/Makefile.diff?r1=1.36;r2=1.37;f=h
>
> I don't see anything particularly weird about that one; AFAICT it works
> as it's supposed to.  I see you're using String::Ediff.
>
>> The following is 3.0.1
>> http://chief.ahze.net:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports/multimedia/vlc/Makefile.diff?r1=1.36;r2=1.37;f=h
>
> That link points to an "Internal Server Error" currently.

I managed to catch these yesterday just before the server started
returning "Internal Server Error".  Note the missing "USE_GCC=",
"WITH_ESOUND=", and "LIB_DEPENDS+=" on the 3.0.3 page:

http://www.noacks.org/freebsd/Makefile.diff.html
http://www.noacks.org/freebsd/Makefile-3.0.3.diff.html

I modified the 3.0.3 version slightly to remove superficial differences.
A diff between the differences that matter is here:

http://www.noacks.org/freebsd/cvsweb.diff

Jon