Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:22:32 +1100
From:      Timothy Bourke <timbob@bigpond.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Synaptics touchpad freezes

--qcHopEYAB45HaUaB

On Jan 31 at 23:13 +0100, G=E1bor G=E1bris wrote:
> I have a problem with my synaptics touchpad under FreeBSD 6.2 on an
> Albacomp Eco Traveller V4 laptop (AFAIK a rebranded Clevo M660S). I
> have 'hw.psm.synaptics_support=3D1' in my /boot/loader.conf an the
> synaptics driver for X from Ports.

I am running FreeBSD 6.2 on a ThinkPad R52 with a synaptics touchpad.

My system does not have that sysctl variable:
    sysctl: unknown oid 'hw.psm.synaptics_support'

> During the daily use of X (browsing, etc.) the mouse cursor freezes at
> ranom times for intervals of about 3-5 seconds, than it gets back to
> work. But the freezes are likely to occur serially, with some seconds
> between them.
>=20
> During this the following messages show up in dmesg:
>=20
> can't re-use a leaf (directional_scrolls)!
> can't re-use a leaf (low_speed_threshold)!
> can't re-use a leaf (min_movement)!
> can't re-use a leaf (squelch_level)!

These messages occur on my R52 only after awaking from suspend to ram
(zzz). The touchpad works regardless provided the sleep is requested
from within X11.

> If anyobody has the same problem or know what causes it or (even
> better) knows how to solve it please let me know!

Does changing the SHMConfig option (xorg.conf) make any difference?

I have:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    EndSection