Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:07:38 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: sendmail queue

Clarification please.  I use qmail myself, but was recently asked about this
functionality in sendmail.

It is/was my understanding that (assuming all sendmail):

- all MX hosts need to have the domain listed in the access.db
  to allow relaying

- primary MX has domain in sendmail.cw

- if a secondary MX recieves a message, it attempts to deliver
  to primary/better MX or queues the message until it can
  complete delivery

- if the mail needs to go to a mail server that is /not/ the
  primary MX, then on each MX you would create an entry in the
  mailertable:

	domain.com smtp:real-mail-server.domain.com

Is this correct?

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

They told me to think out of the box, but I
tripped over it, now I own my own company.