Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 08:22:49 -0800
From:      Peter Fogg <Peter.Fogg@worldnet.att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Wrong boot default

Good morning all!

I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE on a second drive in my Win
95-based computer, the installation is on drive 1, wd2. I subsequently
installed Booteasy on drive 0 so I could optionally boot to Win 95 or
FreeBSD. However, when I choose "drive 2" from Booteasy, the kernel says
that the default boot drive is "1:wd(1,a)kernel" instead of
"1:wd(2,a)kernel"!! By the way, there is no wd1!

Of course, if I enter "1:wd(2,a)kernel" at the boot prompt things work
fairly well. I say "fairly well" because when I use UserConfig to delete
unneeded devices from the hardware probe process, the program tries to
save the changes it to wd1, which doesn't exist, so changes made are not
saved.

Could use some help.

thanks,

Peter-