Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 18:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Harvest port

Is it just me, or is Harvest one of the most convoluted and unclear
systems around?

Specifically, after reading everything at the support site (at LEAST
twice) I've been able to make it seem to go off and gather data and serve
it up. Some not-so-minor points evade me, such as STARTING the thing on
rebooting. The only way I've been able to find to start the whole mess up
and have it respond is to completely start from scratch every time the
system comes up (RunHarvest). There is nowhere that I can find any sort of
"this is how you start it" example. Even when started from scratch, it
does not ever do what it claims to do: expire data each 12 hours and
regather each 24, regardless of what is in the configuration file. Also,
the 'examine workload' points to a file which doesn't exist.

Heeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllpppppppppppppp!

-Dave