Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:18:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        Broderick Wood <bwood@KingsU.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSUP and Make World

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Broderick Wood wrote:

>   I CVSUP the system and ports on a weekly basis and do a make
> buildworld after each system CVSUP.  How often would you recommend
> doing the make installworld?

Why would you _only_ buildworld?  That doesn't actually install the new
system you just built, it just sits there in /usr/src/.  That said the
frequency with which you do that is pretty subjective.  If things are
working happily for you, you can certainly make world a lot less
frequently.  If you just like doing it then move to -current.   :-)

Brett
Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *