Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:12:36 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        "Michael J. Turner" <mike@inethouston.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPMON

<nettiquette>

Please, Dont be impatient. Sending the same post twice in 20 minutes won't
get you more answers. Send the mail, wait for a day, and then, if you didn't
get an answer, try again

</nettiquette>

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Michael J. Turner wrote:

> Hi im trying to get ipmon to start logging. Im running
>
> 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD.
>
> I have ipf in my kernel via
> options         IPFILTER                #ipfilter support
> options         IPFILTER_LOG        #ipfilter logging
>
> and i have it enabled via
> enable_ipmon="YES"

What flags are you using to run ipmon? look at ipmon_flags in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf

If you want ipmon to use syslog, set ipmon_flags to "-D -s" or if you prefer
to log to a file, set it to "-D /var/log/ipf.log"

			Fer