Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:19:46 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW problems...

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Open Systems Networking wrote:

> Im at a loss for this problem I am having with IPFW in 2.2.7-stable.
> I have a kernel that I built with 2.2.7-RELEASE before cvsuping kernel
> source to stable. It has firewall support in it and boots fine with a
> firewall type of open. But EVERY kernel I build from stable wedges the
> machine, with the following errors:

> Oct 28 15:56:55 pm330 /kernel: ip_fw_ctl: len=104, want 96

I had this one when my build world was out of sync with my kernel build.
I presume there's been a change since the release (dummynet?) which has
changed the size of the data structure passed from ipfw to the kernel.

Currently I can't get my 2.2.7 PAO kernel to work with my ipfw
(2.2.5-RELEASE source cvsup'ed to 2.2.7-RELEASE).  If someone can tell me
how to cvsup my source to the original 2.2.7-RELEASE rather than the
latest STABLE then I'd be most obliged.  The data cost of my link is
significant, and I was hoping to wait till 2.2.8 before buying my next CD
release.

Andrew McNaughton.