Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:14:08 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Gan Starling <MisteraSturno@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Broken packages in FreeBSD? -- KDE 2?, Gnome?

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 11:44:03AM -0500, Gan Starling wrote:

> Do not any trolls answer, please. I only want facts. What graphical
> desktop TOTALLY works on FreeBSD? If there is a full-featured graphical
> desktop that TOTALLY works on FreeBSD, I would be convinced to switch
> away from NetBSD. If there is not any such, then I'll have to look into
> Linux.

As far as I am concerned there are no graphical desktops that "TOTALLY"
work on *any* platform.

All large programs contain bugs. KDE and GNOME are certainly not exceptions
to this.  It is quite likely that at least some (and probably most) of the
problems you encountered are inherent with those programs and not with the
OS used.

It is also worth noting that the FreeBSD project is not responsible for
documenting the software in the ports/packages collection.
That is the job if the people who wrote the program.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson