Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2005 19:29:30 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Bashar <big@kuwaitnet.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: init: can't exec getty 'none' for port /dev/console: No such file or directory

On Fri, 2005-Jul-01 08:23:52 +0300, Bashar wrote:
>i noticed one of my boxes had the message "init: can't exec getty 'none'
>for port /dev/console: No such file or directory" into messages and
>repeating forever.

You should have the following line in /etc/ttys:
console none                            unknown off secure

The only change you can validly make to this line is to change 'secure'
to 'insecure' but I suspect you've changed 'off' to 'on'.

Try turning the console back off and sending a SIGHUP to init.
--
Peter Jeremy