Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2019 09:37:06 +0000
From:      Kai Knoblich <kai@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Weldon Godfrey <weldon@excelsusphoto.com>
Cc:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: py36-urllib3 and py-certbot

Hi Weldon,

On Thu, Dec 05, 2019 at 10:41:09AM -0600, Weldon Godfrey wrote:
> Due to a security advisory, I port upgraded py-36-urllib3 to 1.25.6
>
> Since then,
>
> py36-certbot-0.39.0,1
>
> is unhappy for the version of urllib3 being too new:
>
> pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'urllib3<1.25,>=1.21.1'
> distribution was not found and is required by request

thank you for reporting it and sorry for the late reply as your mail somehow
slipped through the cracks.

I already did some investigations but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

At the moment I have the assumption that the www/py-requests port is still at
release 2.20 on your system.

Can you please send me a full backtrace of the error messsage?

An output of "pkg info -x py" would be also very useful to further
investigate the issue.
--
Cheers
Kai