Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:12:46 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        M?rio Gamito <gamito@netual.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sorry for the newbie questions :(

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 11:59:33PM +0000, M?rio Gamito wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I swear i did my home work before addressing to you, but i didn't=20
> understood well what i want.
>=20
> 1. I've instaled FreeBSD 5.3 and compiled portaudit as the first port.
> Portaudit didn't allow me to install apache13-modssl because there is a=
=20
> security problem with the port that comes in the CD.
> How can i then install apache13-modssl ?

Uninstall portaudit, or (per the manpage), set DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES

> 2. I want to install PostgreSQL 8.
> The port version that is on the CD is 8 beta2, but i see in=20
> www.freebsd.org that there is already a port for 8 beta4.
> How can i "import" this new port ?
>=20
> I read a lot about cvsup and other stuff, but it seems very confusing to=
=20
> me. I cannot understand the whole picture.
> My question is: how can i "import" a *single* port ?

You cannot do this safely, because how do you know which other "single
ports" must also be updated along with it in order for it to be
buildable?

> 3. Where can i find information about supported hardware ?
> Namely SATA controlers ?
> Does FreeBSD suport the Intel ones ?

Start with the release notes for your target version.

Kris
--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA--