Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:22:53 +0200
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Erwin Lansing <erwin@lansing.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/38946: maintainer-update www/p5-Apache-ASP 2.33 to 2.35

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 06:01:26PM +0200, Erwin Lansing wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 07:53:29AM -0700, tobez@FreeBSD.org wrote:

> > First of all, thanks for your work on FreeBSD ports.

> > Secondly, I've got to ask you why do you keep ignoring requests to
> > submit the patches that apply cleanly?

> Because I should have been reading Using the vi Editor instead of
> updating ports :(

> I hope the attached diff is better. Sorry about that.

Yeps, it's good.  Thanks!

> About your other point. Most perl-ports I've seen need:
> RUN_DEPENDS=    ${BUILD_DEPENDS}
> which portlint isn't too happy about. Any hints are appreciated.

Oh, this one may be safely ignored.  In general, one should not bend
over to satisfy portlint.  If a particular warning can be solved easily,
then it is probably a good idea to do so.  If you feel you are right and
portlint is wrong, never mind portlint.

Cheers,
=Anton.
--
| Anton Berezin                |      FreeBSD: The power to serve |
| catpipe Systems ApS   _ _ |_ |           http://www.FreeBSD.org |