Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 2015 13:55:38 -0800
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ricky G <ricky1252@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for Help: need script for patching ports tree, building with poudriere

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Ricky G <ricky1252@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  Started working on a simple sh script to do as requested. So far have
> 1,2,4,5 complete. There is much error checking to be added still though.
> Wanted to ask a few things first.
>
> 2- Does port tree checkout matter? Right now my script assumes svnlite
> generated the patch at the root of the tree
> 5- Does duplicates matter? poudriere doesn't care but is this strictly for
> poudriere?
> 6- How should the output be handled?

The script should not worry about the port tree checkout so much,
since that will probably be done outside the script.  For now, if the script
assumes that the port checkout is an SVN tree, and you can run SVN
operations on it, that should be sufficient.

For duplicates, I don't think it matters so much.  I believe poudriere is
smart enough so that if you pass it a list of ports with duplicate entries,
it does the right thing.

At this point, the output format is not so important.  For now,
making sure that error status is propagated as a return value from
the script (0 on success, non-zero on failure) is a good start.

The only other suggestion that I have is that when you work on the
script, make sure that you put a proper license in it (BSD license
preferred).

Thanks.

--
Craig