Date:      16 Nov 2001 04:39:46 -0500
From:      Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        obrien@freebsd.org
Subject:   [editors/openoffice] OpenOffice 638 port status?

I have recently needed to use the OpenOffice filters for Microsoft Office
document conversion as a source of information about the file formats for
another project, so I have become interested in getting OpenOffice 638c
working on FreeBSD.

I noticed that there is a port marked as broken under 'editors/openoffice'.

Is there any work that has been done at this point with files more recent
than what has made it to the ports tree?  I would be grateful for any
scraps of information (unfinished, unsupported, etc.) as a basis for
figuring out how to get this beast to build.

Thanks,

--
Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."