Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:35:56 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ganbold Tsagaankhuu <ganbold@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Cubieboard 2, UDOO and Galaxy Note 10.1 (Exynos).

On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 09:31 +0800, Ganbold Tsagaankhuu wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Christoph Roland Murauer <
> christoph_murauer@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello !
> >
> > I am new to FreeBSD - so, sorry if I ask something which others already
> > asked.
> >
> > At the moment I use a iPad and the personal hotspot function (tethering)
> > on it to provide internet access to my Mac Book Pro. The connection is done
> > by the USB cord (also to charge the battery).
> >
> > My question is now, is it possible to run FreeBSD on a Cubieboard 2 (
> > http://cubieboard.org/2013/06/19/cubieboard2-is-here/)
>

> As for cubieboard2, FreeBSD runs on it, however just basic stuffs.
> Cubieboard2 has dual Cortex-A7 SoC, but SMP support is not there yet so it
> is slow. You could try 3G usb dongle and usb wifi on it, but you have to
> have powered usb hub, since cubieboard has only 2 usb ports. It may or may
> not work depending from those drivers availability.
>

> > or the comming UDOO board (http://shop.udoo.org/pre-order/udoo-quad.html)
> > to have a gateway / firewall on this device and between the other 2 devices
> > ?
> >

> UDOO seems to have i.MX6 SoC which support is not in src tree yet, although
> ian@ is working on it iirc.

I have a single-core i.mx6 (wandboard) booting to multiuser mode with
sdcard and ethernet drivers working.  I don't have usb going yet, but
someone else has it working on a quad-core, so that's more done than
not.  If we weren't in a code freeze I'd be thinking about getting this
bare-bones support checked in so others can hack on it too.

-- Ian