Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:53:21 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Imminent death of ISA predicted, film at 11...

http://www8.zdnet.com/pcweek/news/0630/03espec.html

"
Despite Intel and Microsoft's attempts to rid the PC industry of the
legacy ISA bus, it will not come to pass even next year.

The exclusion of ISA, which does not support Plug and Play, will still
be a recommendation, not a requirement, in PC98, meaning that PC
makers will continue to build it in.

"You can imagine a big, sad face attached to this part of the spec,"
said Hyde. "We wanted to get rid of ISA in 1998, but we can't do it
before 1999."

After January 1999, Microsoft will not grant a Windows logo to PC
makers who include ISA slots in its systems.
"

Points will be awarded for cynical observations on the above four
paragraphs.  I give myself four and a half; see if you can do better.