Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 13:22:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jeffr <jeffr@san.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SB Live! Is it, or is it aint?

I have the SB Live! card. I sure would like to be able to use it in
FreeBSD, however the current driver seems to cause total lockup of my OS
with the message, "Parity Check 10000", on occassion. Bummer.

To make matters worse, it appears that part of the code is now missing
from ftp.freebsd.org. I have used the instructions at
http://wcug.wwu.edu/~cjohnson/sblive4.txt and this did work, with
exception of the parity check train wrecks every once in a while. But now
the file emu10k1.h is missing.

Does anyone know if there is a reason for this? Is there a newer version
somewhere without the file system damaging feature? Sure would like to
know.

Thanks,

Jeff