Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:07:30 -0400
From:      "Brian J. Cohen" <bcohen@datatone.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: stop errors...where's the error?

Alright, lets try this again.  Yes, I'm a newbie trying to rebuild my
kernel.  The command sequence I used, as recommended by the FreeBSD online
handbook, was :

# /usr/sbin/config BJKERNEL
# cd ../../compile/BJKERNEL
# make depend
# make
# make install

The stop code occurs during the 'make' command.  It happened twice, and
judging by the output I received (no, my memory isn't near good enough to
remember) each time, I commented out certain device lines in the config
file. The result was that the next time I did the compile procedure above,
the stop code merely reported _different_ errors.

The problem, as reported in a compile effort on the file attached to this
message, occurs after the line 'loading kernel.'  the following lines
follow:

tek390.o:  Undefined symbol '_scsi_done' referenced from text segment
tek390.o:  Undefined symbol '_scsi_done' referenced from text segment
tek390.o:  Undefined symbol '_scsi_alloc_bus' referenced from text segment
tek390.o:  Undefined symbol '_scsi_attachdevs' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Thanks for any help.

-- Brian J Cohen

P.S.  I just installed this mail client yesterday, and have not had time to
configure any options. I am terribly sorry if there was any HTML included; I
hate that as much as anybody and I apologize.