Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:34:51 +0100
From:      Frederique Rijsdijk <frederique@isafeelin.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Binary upgrade 7.1 i386 -> amd64 ?

Btw, yes I know that it might (or will) brake currently existing apps, I
have to save the /etc/fstab /etc/master.passwd files etc.

I'm just wondering if I end up with a system that can boot the old
filesystem and sshd will run so I can recompile all the ports on the
machine in the new architecture.

OT: I've been trying to search the bsd list archives, but it appears
broken. I can view one page of search results, but if I click a page
further, I always end up with this error:

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/mmsearch?config=freebsd-amd64;method=and;format=short;sort=score;words=update;page=2

htdig Archives Access Failure
Path info. No list -2-

If you want to make another attempt to access a list archive then go via
the list users information page.

If this problem persists then please e-mail the following information to
the mailman@freebsd.org:

    http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/mmsearch/freebsd-amd64