Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:17:49 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is this worthy of a bug report (PR) ?

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 01:56:53AM -0800, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> Very strange.
>
> I built this exact same port (print/ghostscript-gnu) on a different
> 4.7-RELEASE system just about a week ago and I had no problems.  Now
> however, there seems to be a problem with the checksum on:
>
> 	ghostscript/eplaser-3.0.4-651.tgz
>
> Anybody know what gives here?

If you still have the eplaser-3.0.4-651.tgz file from the port you
built a few weeks ago, it would be a good thing to compare the
contents of the two, and try and work out why the checksum on the
distfile has changed.

> Should I file a PR on this?

The distfile for the print/ghostscript-gnu port was modified two weeks
ago to add a second checksum for the eplaser stuff:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/print/ghostscript-gnu/distinfo

If your copy of eplaser matches either of:

    MD5 (ghostscript/eplaser-3.0.4-651.tgz) = 71ba8635e865731c51b6e8fab3c15d2d
    MD5 (ghostscript/eplaser-3.0.4-651.tgz) = 758b6adbe96a75510105d3d4f204bc5c

then all you need to do is cvsup a fresher ports tree.  Otherwise, yes
a PR (maybe CC'd to the port maintainer) would be in order.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
                                                      Marlow