Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:03:10 +0100
From:      "Julien B." <jbe@cpu.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS crashs with low kern.ipc.nmbclusters

I have recently had my system crashing under high NFS load. I could reproduce
it with no problem, and it seams to happen with 1 NFSv3 linux client, uploading
big files (the crash happens after 300-400 Mbytes). Note that i've had the
same "success" with -STABLE and 4.4-RELEASE.
Just before crashing, syslog says "m_clalloc failed, consider increase
NMBCLUSTERS value", and the system crashs a couple of seconds later.
I did change the value of NMBCLUSTERS to 8192 (default is something around
1024), and it really fixed that problem.
Is this usual to see systems crashing after unsuccessful m_clalloc() calls ?

--
Regards

Julien B