Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:48:12 -0400
From:      Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.on.ca>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemicals.tacorp.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with stable (believed to be in -current as well)

Wesley Morgan wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Rod Taylor wrote:
>
> > My server functions properly (harddrives inside).  My diskless machines
> > (mounting same filesystems via NFS) are having problems.  Thanks in
> > advance.
> >
> > bash-2.03$ top
> > top: nlist failed
> >

> If you installed a new kernel and have the original (or close to
> it) world, make world now.

It's a perfectly matched kernel and world.  This is what I attempted to
show by stating that the diskless box and server run on the same
filesystem.  One mounted from the other.  Server works, diskless boxes
don't.  (Yes, they've all been rebooted since then).

--
Rod Taylor

"People get annoyed when you try to debug them." -- Larry Wall, 2nd
State of the Onion.

"A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your
mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein