From:      "Dylan A. Loomis" <dylan@aero.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where do I get libnet?

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 08:47:11AM -0700, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On 13 Oct 1999 12:04:43 -0400, Arcady Genkin wrote:
>
> > I need to complile a program, that requieres libnet.h and
> > libnet-headers.h.
> >
> > Where can I get those libraries?
>
> I think libnet.h is a linux thing. Remove the #include lines and see
> what things are undeclared. Tell us what they are and we'll be able to
> help you find 'em. :-)
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Actually libnet is not linux thing.  Its just a library that allows you to
write packets to the wire.

From the libnet(3) manpage:

libnet - "libpwrite" Network Routine Library

Basically its like pcap but for writing, support for multiple platform/arch
so that you can recompile against the lib and not rewrite lowlevel code.  It
can be found in ports.

% make search key=libnet

In addition it can be gotten from http://www.packetfactory.net/libnet

					cheers -DAL-

--
Dylan A. Loomis
Computer Systems Research Department     The Aerospace Corporation

PGP Key fingerprint =  55 DE BB DD 34 10 CD 20  72 79 88 FE 02 0E 21 3A
PGP 2.6.2 key available upon request