Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:22:20 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        paul <pkdb1@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: installing python2 on linux_base-7.1

+----[ Esto dijo paul (pkdb1@attbi.com):

| Fernan Aguero wrote:
|
| >Can I safely ignore these and force python2 to install?
| >

| any reason why you can't just use the ports version?

You mean /usr/ports/lang/python20 or python21? No ... I need
the linux one.

I have a linux software package that installs a web
interface and all cgi scripts are written in python. In the
past I just got along with linux_base 6 and linux-python15, and
I'm now upgrading this package which now needs python2.

For some reason that I don't understand it just don't work with
a native FreeBSD python (I had already gone the path of
changing all '#!/usr/bin/env python' to either
'#!/path_to_FBSD_binary' or ''#!/usr/bin/env path_to_FBSD_binary'
to no avail. Pointing all scripts to
'#!/usr/bin/env /compat/linux/usr/bin/env python'
just works). But then I need the linux binary installed
under /compat/linux/.

Fernan

+----]

--