Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 20:19:30 -0500
From:      rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
To:        stesin@gu.net (Andrew Stesin), brian@mpress.com
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: workman-atapi port - should I reupload it?

     Thanks to all who replied.  As you guessed Brian, the SCSI mention in
the man page (coupled with the facts that there once was a workman-atapi
port and the device is compiled into the binary) convinced me that std
workman wouldn't work with ATAPI.  Just tried it, and sure enough, with the
right options it works fine.

     It might be a good idea to update the WORKMAN port to avoid future
confusion.  Patch the man page to mention ATAPI as well as SCSI, if not
exactly what to run for ATAPI CD-ROMs.  Or supply a workman-atapi shell
script as part of the package.

Thanks again,

Randall Hopper

J Wunsch:
 |As Randall Hopper wrote:
 |>      I just re-checked the current workman port (workman-1.3.tgz in
 |> packages-current) to verify nothing's changed:
 |
 |>     > strings /usr/X11R6/bin/workman | grep ^/dev
 |>     /dev/rcd0c
 |
 |>     > strings /opt/pkg/workman/bin/workman | grep ^/dev
 |>     /dev/rwcd0c
 |>
 |> and I have it setuid root for that reason.
 |
 |For which reason?
 |
 |And, what's wrong with ``workman -c /dev/rwcd0c''?

Andrew Stesin:

brian@mpress.com: