Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:51:13 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        Adam <adam@jamradar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_5 vs. RELENG_5_3

Adam wrote:

> [...]
YES!, Its still a tad ruff around the edges but you have to remember
that FreeBSD (and the other BSDs) has very high standards when it comes
to system stability, uptime is measured in years not months or days, so
if they say its ready for production use then it is, also, FreeBSD 5.x
as a chicken and the egg problem, it needs more people using it to work
out those ruff edges, but everyone "thinks" it not "ready" so they go
with 4.x thus adding to problem. Being that FreeBSD 5 is already at 5.3
were sorta at the now or never point, its time for everyone to just grin
and bear it so we can get this show on the road.

If you don't believe me that FreeBSD works like "running water" then
have a look at this, all 50 spots are held by *BSD:
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/today/top.avg.html