Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 19:05:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "JuSt pLaiN ol' me" <beef@cybertouch.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   setting an alias..

  	 Hello,

 	How (with the bash shell) do i set it so that when typing ls, it
will actually do colorls -FG ?

	I tried in .profile putting alias ls = 'colorls -FG'

but that did nothing. I am trying to make it so that dir's show up as
somedir/ and filenames just as filenames.

	Thank you in advance for your help

*         Lanny Baron                 *
|   Have you had your BEEF today?     |
|      http://www.tht.net/~beef       |