Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:02:12 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Alan Larson <larson@pa.dec.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: serial communications

Alan,

Have you fixed the problem with /var/log/aculog yourself?

If you can decide how the handbook should be changed to make this clearer then
please write and tell us so we can get it changed.

Thanks!

(Is it as simple as making aculog root.dialer and group writable? If so, why
isn't installed like this by default? Anyone know?)

On 14-Sep-00 Alan Larson wrote:
>  The doc is pretty wrong about serial comm and tip.  It says that you
> can add a user to the dialer group, but that doesn't fix access to the
> /var/log/aculog if the file is owned by root.wheel, and there is no
> hint of the "correct" ownership for that file.

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org