Date:      Tue, 04 May 1999 00:40:11 -0700
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mmap()ed sound drivers

Do only the VoxWare sound drivers support mmap()ing in FreeBSD?  I
don't get any sound in QuakeWorld/Quake2 with pcm drivers on my
PCI128, and I assume that they don't support it, but I believe I could
get sound with the snd0 and pas0 on my Pro Audio Spectrum 16.

Furthermore (if I'm right about pcm not having mmap()ing) will the pcm
driver ever support mmap()ing?

--
Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu

"If you understand what you're doing, you're not learning anything."
	-- A. L.