Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:57:23 -0400
From:      "Josh Carroll" <josh.carroll@gmail.com>
To:        "Olivier Mueller" <om-lists-bsd@omx.ch>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mrtg peak on reboot / snmp-issue?

Sorry the blackberry is truncating your original mail, but yes I have
noticed the same thing on my setup. In my case I am using a custom
rrdtool perl script. While not a fix for the actual problem, my
workaround has been to use a CDEF in my rrdgraph command to set the
value to 0 if it exceeds a sane maximum.

I'm not sure off hand if mrtg has a similar capability but you might
be able to set a max value for the graph so at least it won't skew the
graph and hide the rest of the data points.

Another option is to use a custom script to collect the values by
grabbing the data from snmp and then sanitizing them prior to
outputting to the value.

Regards,
Josh