Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:49:11 +0100
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Exim has stopped using SpamAssassin

I've just noticed that for the last month Exim does not appear to have been using SpamAssassin to check incoming emails.

Previously all my incoming emails contained the following headers:

But I'm not seeing any of them now.

I've compared things with a ZFS snapshot from a time when it was working and both Exim and SpamAssassin are the same versions as before and there has
been no changes in /usr/local/etc/exim/configure or /usr/local/etc/exim/sa-exim.conf.

Current versions are:
FreeBSD curlew.lan 9.1-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p4 #0: Mon Jun 17 11:42:37 UTC 2013     root@amd64
builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
exim-sa-exim-4.80.1+4.2_2
p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.2_8
perl-5.14.4 (was 5.14.2_3 when SpamAssassin was working)

I've re-installed Exim and SpamAssassin using the same make options as before to see if that had any effect but still no joy.

I've set SAEximDebug to 1 in sa-exim.conf but there's still nothing in the logs to help.

Any suggestions where I should look next?

--
Mike Clarke