Date:      Mon, 08 May 2006 05:44:51 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hideki Yamamoto <yamamoto436@oki.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPv6 raw socket to send original udp

Hi,

I tried to use pf as a traffic shaper for a streaming server, but
it does not work well.  Input of pf is bursted packets within around 20
msec, but is not bursted packets within around 100 msec or longer.
This traffic pattern is the feature of the streaming server.

As pf is does not work well, I am thinking designinig original shaper
command on bridge-like freebsd box, and that the command will receive
the sever packet via libpcap, shape it and then send it constantly to
another device.  To send packet from bridge-like freebsd box, I plan
to use RAW IPV6 socket.  However in my small experiment, it does not
seems good, IP_HDRINCL option does not woks.

I wonder if IPv6 raw socket can be used only for ICMPv6.
I would like to use IPv6 raw socket for original udp packet.

Thanks in advance.

Hideki Yamamoto