Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 16:49:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Holger.Kipp@alogis.com
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   4.6-RC1 fxp0: device timeout

Hi,
I type this directly with no mailer-agent in between, so sorry for all the
errors...

I own a Toshiba MAGNIA 3000 with the following components:
- SCSI: Symbios 53C875
- NIC:  Intel 82558    (fxp0)

With SMP I easily get fxp0: device timeout errors. The system then allows
only operations that don't require disk- or network access. To provoke
this error, a simple ping -f is sufficient. nic and sym are on the server
board.

Looks like this error is identical to kern/32478. Any chance of this being
solved before 4.6-RELEASE?

Same error is in 4.5-RELEASE, only that network is less stable, but the
system managed to log "fxp0: device timeout" otoh.

Everything works just fine if I don't use SMP. The only hint I found so
far is to disable device ncr, but I already have that.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Holger