Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 2021 15:30:03 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Paul Procacci <pprocacci@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: lang/php72 needed
References:  <YL2LXuswiy18RU/n@admin.sibptus.ru> <CAFbbPuhcz-pdodiake8BpYT%2B0R73VyLQQN5BNWfpYOv%2B6fACag@mail.gmail.com> <YL2Z2eAni8%2Bl1hKg@admin.sibptus.ru> <CAFbbPug44FKmW6sXeX8ugpd2v5o_LMnm_GpEVaMFeUCY4yyGSw@mail.gmail.com> <YL2wyD2jAk4jt12D@admin.sibptus.ru> <CAAdA2WNTG4PfGbFGwo8GtxhYR9njiML%2B2fLi6py1Pfs70We4hA@mail.gmail.com> <YL3I9Yvkr2sAOsww@admin.sibptus.ru> <CAAdA2WNeettzPwh086p7pioQ6PEQMwb8zCkT5d%2B3DZ%2BWU57rUA@mail.gmail.com>

--UOzkGcTwWPeBXMjA

Odhiambo Washington wrote:

[dd]

> I did not know that there are "poudriere" unofficial repos. I thought tho=
se
> were personal builds.
>=20

It's a terminological question mostly. For the present, I've googled
this up: https://github.com/simplerezo/freebsd-ports-php-vintages
I'll try if it works (in a dedicated poudriere tree).

[dd]

> > system.
> > > >

> > > Then what stops you from migrating the legacy moodle to Linux??
> >
> > Nothing, actually, except my long-term preference for FreeBSD.
> >
> > It just saddens me to see migrations from FreeBSD to Linux and never vi=
ce
> > versa.
> >
>=20
> Solutions come in all forms. Inadequacies too.
> So what FreeBSD cannot solve, Linux will probably solve. FreeBSD loses a
> follower as Linux gains one.
> In this case, though, you are taking the wrong approach - insisting on
> running outdated code/
> Your developer should update the code. If not, just look for the right
> forum and share the problematic code and
> you might get advice on how to update it.
>=20

I'm not the one to dictate to developers. I actually spoke with the guy,
he is pretty much OS-agnostic, and he told me "I don't see why this is a=20
problem for you, there are all versions of PHP available for Linux, or
you can always use Docker."

I did not tell him that we don't have Docker either.

--=20
Victor Sudakov VAS4-RIPE
http://vas.tomsk.ru/
2:5005/49@fidonet