Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:54:45 -0800
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Older versions

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 02:30:57PM -0700, lattera@softhome.net wrote:
> I have a VERY, VERY old laptop (1.9 Megs of memory IBM), and I was=20
> wondering if I could get FreeBSD 1 for it. If so, where? Thanks!=20
>=20
> lattera
>=20

What type of processor does it have?  1.9MB of RAM is not very much.
Even PicoBSD, the single floppy version of FreeBSD, would like to have
8MB of memory.  I have serious doubts that you will be able to get
virtually anything to run in 1.9MB of memory.  I could be wrong, and if
someone knows of a tiny OS that will run under these conditions I'd be
curious to know about it.  I have recently been looking around at some
tiny Linux installations, but even those absolutely require at least 4MB
of memory.

Nathan

--=20
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C
http://63.105.21.156/gpg_nkinkade_4250A04C.asc

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM--