Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:20:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ache@nagual.pp.ru
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk patch for review

 * No, I mean patch 2.5 only (-current), not patch 2.1 (-stable)

You mean 3.0-current and 2.2-stable.  I am not worried about
2.1-stable too much, we don't support it officially anymore anyway.

 * -b works differently between this two versions.
 *
 * In case you want the same bsd.port.mk in both -current and -stable,
 * some trick must be used to detect patch version, maybe
 * 'patch --version' call or just simple -current detection,
 * or adding PATCHFLAGS to sys.mk, etc.

We can have different bsd.port.mk for -current and 2.2, but I'd like
to avoid that.

Yes, we can certainly fix this in bsd.port.mk but I think this just
illustrates that it's patch that really needs to be fixed.  Can we
tell POSIX to go fsck itself and make patch work the same on all
versions of FreeBSD?

Satoshi