Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:53:30 +0200
From:      "James A Wilde" <james.wilde@telia.com>
To:        "Mc Claude" <privat-mc@gmx.de>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE:

My limited experience indicates that Unix is much more damanding of the
hardware than, say, Windows.

You may have 192 Mb ram, but if 64 Mb of it is shaky from the Unix point of
view you can get signal 11 and still be able to run Windows with just the
occasional GPF, which makes you curse and reboot.  Try taking out your RAM
chips one at a time and see how you get on.  If you find that install
continues when, say, chip 2 is removed, try and sell that one to a Windows
user and get yourself a new one.

If I'm on the wrong track, hopefully someone will come in on this thread and
correct me.

mvh/regards

James