Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 21:04:53 -0400
From:      Leo Papandreou <leo@talcom.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bad blocks

Just an update on my previous message regarding bad blocks
when moving to a different scsi adaptor.

The message from the kernel is as follows:
     Vendor Specific ASC sks:80,0

Trying to remap bad blocks from the bios fails with
     Reassign block command failed Sense Key=03, ASC=80 ASCQ=00

"Vendor Specific" - I dont know if that refers to Quantum or
the adaptor.

This has occurred suddenly on a 2 large disks - 9 and 18 gigabyte
drives. One is maybe 4 months old, the other not 4 days. Is all
this good reason to replace them?

The next thing I will try is