Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:02:29 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>, <Freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Subject:   Re: corporate announcement

At 04:56 PM 4/5/2001, Chris Dillon wrote:

>Heh, you'd have to be pretty stupid not to design a watchdog into any
>system that is sitting outside of easy reach, no matter how stable you
>think the operating system is.  :-)

I don't know how many admins I've met who admit to having locked
themselves out of their own systems (usually via bad firewall
rules). In many cases, they have had to drive miles to get to the
system console.

Of course, in the case of Pathfinder, it would have been a
slightly longer drive. ;-)

--Brett

"Stupidity is like hydrogen; it's a basic building block of the
universe." -- Frank Zappa