Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:30:34 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, LI Xin <delphij@delphij.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Zombie Jails - why don't they disappear?

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 09:00:35PM +0300, Maxim Konovalov wrote:

> > Sockets (stuck in a state which can not be released immediately?) or
> > other resources?  I really think that this is a bug, though.
>=20
> It was discussed millon times already and there is at least one open
> PR:
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dkern/89528

Ah, thanks Maxim.

The poignant comment is:

    PR kern/89528:
    Ouch! I found a comment in tty_pty.c that it doesn't deallocate
    pty's anymore. Not a single destroy_dev() is called by tty_pty.c.
    This means the FreeBSD kernel leaks a lot of cdev's and thus
    ucred's and my patch is working around another bug.

Joe

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW--