Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 08:59:42 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fatal Trap 9

Neil Doody wrote:
> As you might know, ive been suffering from error 11's, trap 12's and
> filesystem boo-boo's.
>

> Now ive just got this one and the server rebooted, which is new.
>
> Nov 10 15:39:50 admin /kernel: Fatal trap 9: general protection fault
> while in kernel mode
>
> Do you think that still could be to overheating?  My host has looked
> into the heating problem, we are going to get many fans installed into
> the case to sort it in the future, but does this latest error coincide
> with heating ?

can you get any information from healthd or any other monitoring
tools? You may be able to plot that over time and get a sense of
what's going   on.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;

Heuristics are bug ridden by definition.  If they didn't have bugs,
then they'd be algorithms.