Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 13:52:50 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <fbsd@clem.systemsix.com>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

Hello,

>   I am rather tired of people telling me about how they run Linux on their
>   desktop and FreeBSD as their server because "Linux has such a nice
>   desktop, and its interactive response for a single user is so much better."

perhaps along with a "network tools group" we should put together
a "desktop tools group".  in it we could place:

fvwm:
	customed to use m4 and some sample m4 type .fvwmrc files.
	customized GoodStuff tools.

xfm:
	XFileManager, a nice answer to windoz file manager.  It
	provides dragNdrop type application magament also.

???:
	other suggestions?

We could create a usr stub in passwd called "xusr" that has
a home directory setup with .xinitrc/.fvwmrc files that utilize
the above.  Then a newbie would merely log in as "xusr" to get
a demo of what IS possible!

					Steve Passe
					smp@clem.systemsix.com