Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:13:10 -0400
From:      William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com>
To:        Patrick Mahan <mahan@mahan.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do I get STARTTLS working with sendmail on FreeBSD 10.3 ?

The point of this exercise is to allow my Android phone to access my email
on my FreeBSD 10.3 server, using imap.  I had it working last year, and
then,
with nary an error message, it stopped working.  So the email client is the
native
Android email client (on a recent Cyanogen Android).  My FreeBSD server runs
sendmail, and I've been running my own mail domain for about a decade.

My latest guess (and that's all I can do is guess) is that my self-signed
certificates
expired, and I just need to re-generate them.  All the sources on sendmail
and
STARTTLS that I've seen so far show configs identical to my config, so from
this I infer perhaps one or more of my cert files is "bad".

stunnel may well be a wonderful program, but I really don't want to figure
out how
to specify each of the 500 lines in it's config file, especially when the
software
doesn't run successfully with it's own sample config file.

Thanks for your time,
Bill Dudley

This email is free of malware because I run Linux.