Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 21:48:18 -0500
From:      Tom Wojahn <tomwojahn@usfamily.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem with nec cdrom

I have freeBSD v 2.2.1, everytime I try to install from
cdrom it spins up the cd rom but fails to read and copy
files   and subsequently locks the pc when you are notified
of its failure to transfer files.   It will not install from
cdrom either it starts to boot and then goes off into lala
land.      It has a buslogic 545 (bios recently updated to
newest version) card pentium pc Seagate piranha scsi drive
and a nec cdr1610 ( I believe) (fairly new scsi 20x)
drive.   I have a dos partition I can try to install from I
suppose but it is only  80 meg.   any ideas