Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:58:04 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        JT Perry <johntp@veriomail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic: resource_list_alloc : resource list busy

> I'm trying to install FreeBSD for the first time, so please bear
> with me.
>
> I'm installing using the two floppy images (written on brand new
> disk twice, on same floppy drive as I'm trying to install from).
> Immediately after Kernel config, I get the message
>
>   Panic: resource_list_alloc : resource list busy
>
> And then of course, the reboot.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> P-60, 40mb RAM, 700mb WD drive on IDE 0 Master, 500mb Maxtor drive
> on IDE 0 Slave, CD-Rom on IDE 1 Master, Floppy, 3-com 3c509B NIC

I don't have a solution, but I also got this message when installing
on a 60-MHz Pentium box.  Taking out all the peripherals didn't help,
so the problem must be "essential" with respect to that computer.

Unfortunately, my solution was to punt:  I installed OpenBSD on that
box.

Maybe file a problem report and see if anything happens.

Lucas