Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:54:43 +0100
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.java@melvyn.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [fixed] jdk-1.5 update to _3 does not work under freebsd 6 stable

On Thursday 15 December 2005 19:15, Greg Lewis wrote:
> Hi Melvyn,
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 01:20:01AM +0100, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> > attached are all patches that resulted in a succesful build for me and
> > firefox showing in about:plugins:
> > Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0-p2-root_14_dec_2005_21_49
> >
> >     File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
> >     Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0
> >
> > They might include bits of patches already in the port as some files
> > already had a .orig.
> >
> > In short - I took the shortest route to getting the plugin implementation
> > to accept PRThread * in place of JDUint32/nsPluginThread, fixed an
> > include patch for moved headers and disabled the obsoleted
> > NS_COMPONENT_MANAGER_CID with an #ifdef.
>
> Thanks!  Have you successfully tested the plugin with some of the example
> applets that come with the JDK?

Nope, will do later today. I don't have much faith in it though. It's very
unstable at the moment (see some later comments - runescape crash for one in
QueueRunnable, which is the place where you'd expect any problems since that
puts the thread id finally to java).

> Also, I wasn't sure that disabling
> NS_COMPONENT_MANAGER_CID was the right thing to do.  It looked like that
> may mean the plugin doesn't do the right thing with LiveConnect.  Comments?

Yeah, was thinking to copy NS_COMPONENTMANAGER_CID from some old archives I
found, but I think LiveConnect through the component manager has gone.
This is the old CID as shown here:
http://rpms.alerque.com/BUILD/mozilla/xpcom/components/nsComponentManagerUtils.h

91775d60-d5dc-11d2-92fb-00e09805570f

Now let's try this:
$ find /usr/X11R6/include/firefox -type f -print |xargs grep '91775d6' |wc -l
	0

So, I don't think it'll ever get that CID in the first place and if it does,
it'll return JD_ERROR, as that is the only place I found a hook for it.
--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.java@melvyn.homeunix.org

FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE
Qt: 3.3.5

Wiki: the next gen programmer's excuse for crappy docs
KDE: 3.4.3