Date:      Wed, 23 May 2007 08:28:10 -0500
From:      eculp@encontacto.net
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   can't startx after xorg upgrade: could not open default font 'fixed'

I get:
   Fatal server error:
   could not open default font 'fixed'

I have looked at:
   XFree86-4-fontDefaultBitmaps is not used with xorg
   x11-fonts/font-alias is installed
   xorg-fonts-miscbitmaps is installed thinking that it might sub the Default
   I have checked font.conf for correct path.
   Found a thread on Google but didn't find the solution.
   xorgcfg gives the same error
   /etc/X11/xorg.conf Font Path is set to /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/

I upgraded with portupgrade -a -P so I guess I could go back and
recompile all but first I would like to know if anyone else has seen
this after the update and how they fixed it.  Something dumb I'm doing
I'm sure :(

Thanks,

ed