Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:39:54 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        Jarek Granat <jarek@adeon.lublin.pl>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPNAT problem

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Jarek Granat wrote:

> Now I use IPf/IPnat and I'd like to do redirect incoming
> packets in this way:
>
> - we redirect packets only when packet is from A.B.C.D
>   (packets from other IPs aren't redirects)

I dont know if you can do that in ipnat. Search th IPF mailing list archives
for more info (http://false.net/ipfilter)

> - we redirect packets to computer under NAT - 192.168.0.X
> - we redirect packets incoming to *all* ports, tcp&udp

Yopu can do this with bimap. bimap is for one to one mapping (you map one
public IP to one private IP).

In general:

* If you want to map a set of private IPs to a smaller set of public IPs,
  you use map.

* If you want to redirect some ports, or if you have more exposed services
  than public IPs, you use rdr.

* If you want to do interception/transparent proxying, you use rdr.

* If you want to map one public IP to one private IP, you use bimap.

* If you want to map a block of public IPs to a block of private IPs (of the
  same size) and you don't feel like writing a bimap for each one, you use
  map-block.

For more info you can search the ipf mailing list archives (see above), read
the HOWTO (http://www.obfuscation.org/ipfilter/) and the ipf faq
(http://home.earthlink.net/~jaymzh666/ipf/).

Hope this helps.

				Fer